If you are interested in volunteering, please send us an email at dearGO.PTO@gmail.com.
We will also post specific volunteer opportunities here as they become available:
- Seeking Additional Weekly Update Editors - We always welcome additional newsletter editors and/or proofreaders. We rotate week-to-week throughout the school year. No previous experience necessary aside of basic word processing and familiarity with gmail. To come aboard, or even just ask some questions before comitting, Email news.GO.PTO@gmail.com
GO PTO meetings, including parent breakfasts, for the 2019-2020 school year are listed below. GO PTO meetings will be the first Tuesday of each month at 7PM, alternating between the two schools.
All parents, guardians, teachers and supporting staff of Gibbs and Ottoson students are welcome.
- Fall 2019 Meeting Dates (click underlined dates to see minutes)
- Spring 2020 Meeting Dates - the remainder of the meetings this year will be at Ottoson
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020 GO PTO Meeting 7-8:30 (Ottoson)
- Tuesday, February 4: GO PTO Meeting, 7-8:30 pm (Ottoson)
- March: - no meeting, will reconvene on April 7
- Tuesday, April 7: GO PTO Meeting, 7-8:30 pm (Ottoson)
- Tuesday, May 5: GO PTO Meeting, 7-8:30 pm (Ottoson)
- Tuesday, June 2: GO PTO Meeting, 7-8:30 pm (Ottoson)
Both Kristin DeFrancisco, Principal of the Gibbs, and Brian Meringer, Principal of the Ottoson, will send communications using PowerSchool. PowerSchool is our student information system used to send communications, create school schedules, manage attendance, and issue grades.
If you're not receiving emails from the principals, please make sure that your profile and contact information in PowerSchool profile is up to date and that spe.schoolmessenger.com and arlington.k12.ma.us are not being blocked by spam/junk mail filters.
GOPTO Weekly Update
Parent volunteers from GO PTO compile and edit a Weekly Update e-newlsetter for Gibbs and Ottoson families. It is typically sent on Monday mornings.
A subscription is required to receive this update - sign up here. Similar to above, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list so that the Weekly Update doesn't go to junk/spam.
Information about town- or school-sponsored events that you would like to share with the Gibbs and/or Ottoson communities can also be included in the Weekly Update. Please read these guidelines about what we accept first. Then, send the relevant information by Wednesday for inclusion in the next Update by emailing email@example.com.
You Can Also Follow Us on Twitter!
Gibbs and Ottoson District Websites
Gibbs Website: http://www.arlington.k12.ma.us/schools/gibbs.asp
Ottoson Website: http://www.arlington.k12.ma.us/schools/oms.asp